I am Ms. Jensen. I was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan. My love for teaching began at an early age. Being the oldest girl in a family of seven children, I had many opportunities to teach my siblings. My love for teaching has been an esteemed profession in my family; both my mother and grandmother were teachers.
- I attended Washington State University on an Art Scholarship. I then attended Central Washington University to earn my teaching certificate.
- My greatest passions are teaching, learning, and creating. Spending the majority of my time around children has inspired me to write a children’s book.
- My goal, as a teacher, has always been to help my students excel beyond the academic and social standards, to do all that I can to inspire, build confidence, and encourage the value of learning. I believe in making education fun and my aspiration is to inspire children to be life long learners.
- The ABC's for success in first grade:
- Attitude: respect yourself and others
- Behavior: act responsible
- Cooperation: work together
- Directions: listen and follow them
- Effort: work hard and try your best